A bit more swimming…
After a good 20k swim, the next week I did 13k – pool closed one day because of chlorine issues. This week only 6.9k. Again, the pool was closed on one day because of a shortage of chlorine. Also, had a few early meetings at work which didn’t help getting to the pool.
My times are going down though. The plan has been to use paddles and pull buoys to do lots of 100m’s. The rest intervals for the session is a planned 10 seconds but sometimes it is a bit longer as I need to tie in with other people in the pool.
My average times have got quicker over the three weeks, but why?
1. I have got better! I hope so.
2. My tumble turns are more consistent.
3. I am trying harder (i.e. putting in more effort). Perhaps. More likely it feels easier to put the effort in.
4. I am drafting more. Perhaps. There were two quick-ish people in the lane today and I couldn’t help drafting a bit.
5. I have “gamed” my watch. The software hasn’t been updated but I notice that I glide in the last little bit so as to touch with my watch hand first.
Here’s a graph of my times. Most of the sessions are at least 3k long (one is just 900m averaging 1:44 as I wasn’t feeling well). Even if the whole of the 11s per 100m is not all me getting quicker, I think it is still quite good in three weeks. But I do need to start doing more on my bike…