So, nearly two weeks without diet coke and I am starting to feel better. Not had any headaches recently. Not felt more tired than I would expect to. I’ve worked out that exercising helps me feel better. I guess all those en-dolphins swimming through my brain satisfy whatever likes the caffeine. Good!
Next experiment is a 28 day “more healthy” eating programme. I am going to try to eat healthy. I’m pretty stable with weight at the moment but I am eating miles too much junk food. There seems to be a few reasons for this:
- I don’t plan breakfast when I do early morning exercise. So, I might have an apple before I go for a swim. Then I’ll go straight to work so I’ll get a mars bar from the vending machine at the pool. Then I’ll get the train in to work and on the way to work I’ll have a croissant or three or a bacon and mushroom baguette. So the new plan is to have some stuff in the fridge that I can take with me and eat after swimming (e.g. some fruit and chicken/salmon).
- I get fed up and so eat. Difficult one that.
- I am thirsty and so eat. Easy one that. Get a drink!
- I want to take a break at work so I go and walk to the cafe and have a chocolate muffin. Habit is a horrible thing here. If I can take a break in some otherway that will help (and save me cash as these are the world’s most expensive muffins!)
- The food is just there. There is a huge amount of cakes and sweets in the office from birthdays, trips abroad, etc. So I just graze.
Just to reiterate. This is a “more healthy” eating campaign. It is not a “don’t eat chocolate” campaign. If I want to eat it I will. But the idea is to eat a lot less of the stuff.